from a space of grounded presence and openness, deep healing is possible.
it is from this space that i approach each session, and to this space that i aim to lead each client. by returning to the direct experience of each moment, we have the opportunity to see, see through, and let go of the stressors and tensions that we encounter in daily life. often, emotional responses to charges or triggers get contained or restrained at least temporarily, and end up stored in the body. by directing awareness to a popular holding area for these tensions, they can be re-visited, worked with as needed, and released.
- my intention: to facilitate the letting go of stress and tension (and limiting belief systems) that keep people from feeling vibrant, peaceful ease.
- belief: this ease exists as a basic underlying condition.
feeling anything else comes from adding stress or tension to the system.
added stress/tension can recur or build up and become an expectation about how things are (limiting belief system)
- belief: holding on to discomfort (emotional, physical, spiritual, etc) is optional. pain happens, suffering over it is a choice.
holding onto discomfort is often fairly automatic.
- bodywork can be used as a tool to shine light on unnecessary holdings and allow them to soften, thus facilitating movement into greater openness and ease.
- (myofascial release focuses on neuromuscular holding patterns, thai massage addresses blocks in energy lines, structural integration focuses on balance and alignment)
by intentionally cultivating presence and awareness in conjunction with bodywork, the individual benefits of each practice build on one another to facilitate a deeper and more holistic healing practice.
through this practice of transformation based on focused energy and awareness, i aim to nurture in myself and support in my clients an ever-growing sense of peace, balance, and vibrancy.
and, if post-massage bliss (and the more lasting benefits of this work) ripple out into the world, one more present and grounded human at a time, so much the better!